Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Recycle or Trash?

I have always felt good about recycling. Until our last move. Our neighborhood did not offer curbside pick up. Then I asked myself RECYCLE or Trash? As for that question, I knew the answer. I designated my laundry room walk in closet to be the recycling area. This space filled up quick with two adults and two teenagers in the house. The plan was to recycle twice a month. There was no way with our busy life that we could take the recycling more often. I needed to reduce the amount of waste we were creating. We needed to change our buying habits. I was amazed at how easy that change was. I found that it was quite cost effective to buy in bulk and stop buying water bottles. I purchased food grade stainless steel bottles for us all and invested in a filtered water pitcher for the refrigerator. I went from buying 3 to 4 cases of water a week to 1 to 2 a month. The truth is reducing what we recycle and throw out is the key! So in summary...try to reduce your waste and although recycling is not always convenient it is the right thing to do! Look for my updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment